General: Food Humor, Lists »

25 Funny Food Quotes

Diet Coke with lemon – didn’t that used to be called Pledge?
Jay Leno

We are living in a world today where lemonade is made from artificial flavors and furniture polish is made from real lemons.
Alfred E. Newman

The woman just ahead of you at the supermarket checkout has all the delectable groceries you didn’t even know they carried.
Mignon McLaughlin

Our toaster has two settings: too soon or too late.
Sam Levenson

Vegetarian: an old Indian word for bad hunter
Author unknown

It’s so beautifully arranged on the plate – you know someone’s fingers have been all over it.
Julia Child

In Mexico, we have a word for sushi: bait.
José Simons

I’m not sure what makes pepperoni so good – if it’s the pepper or the oni.
Ulrik Stephens

I like rice. Rice is great if you’re hungry and want 2000 of something.
Mitch Hedberg

Fish is the only food that is considered spoiled once it smells like what it is.
P. J. O’Rourke

I’ve been on a diet for two weeks and all I’ve lost is two weeks.
Totie Fields

Most turkeys taste better the day after; my mother’s tasted better the day before.
Rita Rudner

I love Thanksgiving turkey…it’s the only time in Los Angeles that you see natural breasts.
Arnold Schwarzenegger

Ever wonder about those people who spend $2 apiece on those little bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backward.
George Carlin

Nouvelle Cuisine, roughly translated, means: I can’t believe I paid ninety-six dollars and I’m still hungry.
Mike Kalin

I’ll have a double cappuccino, half-caf, non-fat milk, with enough foam to be aesthetically pleasing, but not so much that it would leave a moustache.
Niles Crane, Frasier

Fun-sized Snickers? Who’s this fun for? Not me. I need six or seven of these babies in a row to start having fun.
Jeff Carlin

I cook with wine. Sometimes I even add it to the food.
W.C. Fields

Soup is just a way of screwing you out of a meal.
Jay Leno

The two biggest sellers in bookstores are the cookbooks and the diet books. The cookbooks tell you how to prepare the food and the diet books tell you how not to eat any of it.
Andy Rooney

The only two things I don’t eat for breakfast are lunch and dinner.
Author unknown

We live in an age when pizza gets to your home before the police.
Jeff Mander

Avoid fruits and nuts. You are what you eat.
Jim Davis

The only time to eat diet food is while you’re waiting for the steak to cook.
Julia Child

Pepperidge Farm bread… that’s fancy bread. You can tell it’s fancy because it’s wrapped twice. You open it, and it still isn’t open. That’s why I don’t buy it. I don’t need another step between me and toast.
Mitch Hedberg

(Are we missing any? Leave ‘em in the comments!)

---Julie & Julia: Zzzzzzzzzzzz
---10 Funny Food Names To Make Your Inner 12 Year Old Laugh
---Naughty Food Network Quotes
---The Top 10 Stupidest Guy Fieri Quotes
---Food Network Books You Might Have Missed

1. Jon McKenzie says:

“If God had intended us to be vegetarians, why did He make animals out of meat?” – John Cleese

2. Freezezzy says:

Mmm… (insert tasty food-based product here). ~Homer Simpson

3. Tegan says:

“You better cut the pizza in four pieces, because I’m not hungry enough to eat six.” ~Yogi Berra

“I’m like old wine. They don’t bring me out very often, but I’m well preserved.” –Rose Kennedy

“My weaknesses have always been food and men – in that order.” –Dolly Parton

“Wine (also beer) is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.” –Ben Franklin

“Michael, our clients are Japanese. They can’t wait for their fish to cook.” –Ammer (David Hasselhoff) to Michael Newman (Adam Sandler) in “Click”

5. Barney says:

Do you see that? Baccala: Salted cod. We (Italians) taught the world how to eat! – Junior Soprano

6. Turtle says:

“Everything you see I owe to spaghetti.”
    – Sophia Loren

“I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich.”
    – Homer Simpson

7. Tatiana says:

Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that’s bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

8. CUBS77 says:

Beer: The cause of and solution to, all of life’s problems. – Homer Simpson

9. RaleighRob says:

C is for cookie, and that’s good enough for me. – C. Monster

10. [...] Funny Foodies I thought these were cute. Anyone else have their own funny food quote? Diet Coke with lemon – didn

11. Lena says:

The cooking with wine quote was actually by Julia Child.

12. I really love the animals made out of meat one…

I also found this on another site;
    HAM AND EGGS – A day’s work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.

Jen :)

13. JoeBagO'donuts says:

“If we had some eggs we could have eggs and ham, if we had some ham.”
    -Groucho Marx

14. straitjacket says:

“vegetables aren’t food, they are what food eats.” (or something like that, can’t exactly remember where/when I heard this)

15. dynette says:

You were a delicious and honorable opponent, little donut. But today was not your day.

16. “I am not a glutton – I am an explorer of food” ~Erma Bombeck

17. [...] Food Quotes – Funny Quotes about FoodFood Quotes and SayingsFood Network Humor » 25 Funny Food QuotesFood Quotes, Sayings about EatingFamous Quotes Famous Recipes Funny JokesFavorite Food Quotes [...]

18. epic ninja says:

Meat is Murder……..Tasty Tasty Murder

19. COOL BEANS says:

Cute story babe. Now get in the kitchen.

20. Your Name says:

My favorite food is food – anonymous

21. YOUR NAME says:

If vegitarians love animals so much, why do they eat all thier food?

22. Kipper says:

nutella: proper noun, the only reson to buy bread