Guy Fieri »

Guy Fieri Spoof On SNL Weekend Update (w/ Video)

guy-fieri-spoof-snl

Saturday Night Live finally caught on to the fact that Guy Fieri is a filthy, demonic hellspawn fully worthy of being satirized and lambasted on national television. Hooray! (Um, what took you guys so long?)

On last night’s episode of SNL Weekend Update Thursday, Bobby Moynihan donned a tacky bowling shirt and every piece of jewelry from the exclusive QVC Douchebag Collection and played Guy Fieri in an Obama interview segment. Bobby nailed every one of Guy’s overbearing, obnoxious mannerisms. The only thing missing were the tacky Gatorz sunglasses, and an entourage of toothless fans following him around and begging him for his autograph.

We’ve embedded the video clip here for your enjoyment. (You can also check out the entire clip on Hulu.)

---VIDEO: Guy Fieri Thanksgiving Spoof On SNL
---Guy Fieri Now Has His Own Line Of Ugly Sunglasses
---Things That Exist Solely To Torment Me: Guy Fieri Bobblehead Doll
---Guy Fieri Staring At Melissa D’Arabian’s Ass
---The Guy Fieri Roadshow Is Even Lamer Than We Originally Thought (w/ Video)

1. dan says:

I saw the bit last night and choked on my beer. Moynihan nailed it.

2. erin says:

What I find absolutely hysterical is how much you clearly don’t like Guy Fieri. Every one of your Fieri posts makes me crack up. I can’t stand the guy either so I feel your pain.

“exclusive QVC Douchebag Collection” LMAO

3. DesignerJeans says:

I wish that Guy was on the FN instead of that other Guy.

Just think if they switched formats of his show and made his cartoonish oaf into a parody.

If they actually went along and showed him as the joke he really is!

Ratings bonanza!

4. Ferd says:

Another 50 pounds of flab and he’d be a dead ringer for Guy LaDouche.

5. CherryRose says:

I’m tempted to say that Moynihan does Fieri better than the Ferry himself. Very funny!

6. DesignerJeans says:

The funniest part is that in Ferry’s mind, he probably thinks this is flattering.

“Look mah, I zah got on Santurnday night Life”…

And not an all out mocking of this slobby jackass.

7. Jill (not Jillian) says:

Wow! He did sound just like him; totally hilarious.

Also, the guy that did Glen Beck was funny too.

8. Syd says:

He really nailed the laugh.

9. Mo says:

That entire skit was hilarious, but Guy made me crack up!!

LIQUID QUESO!! XD

10. Gal Burgessa says:

It’s ok Guy! Parody is the highest form of compliments. We’re not laughing with you; we’re laughing AT you!

wait … I got that saying right, didn’t I?

11. fottocini says:

SNL is so embarrassing to watch, its the same quality as madtv…horrible, i haven’t watched a full episode since Farley left.

12. stellar_eats says:

Gee I wish the video was available in Canada.
    Anyone have another source?

13. Gal Burgessa says:

@Stellar_Eats, the vid is on Hulu under Saturday Night Live. FNH, it’s embedable. Just a suggestion

14. oh_come_on says:

@Jill: the guy that did Glen Beck was funny too.

Beck should have him on his show — mannerisms were perfect!

15. Ray says:

Pretty good. Not great, but pretty darn good. The voice was quite good. Now, they should have had Guy’s gaping maw stuffed with semi-chewed food as he yammered at the President. That was also a missing element. I’d like to see the actor do a somewhat longer impression of Guy.

16. [Ed note: Gal - Video clip from Hulu added. NBC's video was not embeddable. Thanks for the tip.]

17. Trini says:

DAMMIT! Neither the Hulu video nor the NBC video is available outside the US. I tried Youtube, but it’s not there. I feel so cheated :(

18. stellar_eats says:

@Jil and @gal:
    I apreciate the efforts :D
    Hulu isn’t available up here either in the boonies. DAMMIT I should move.
    Most of the time you folks are a funnier bunch anyway LOL

I’ll attempt to do some research, I’ll pass on a link if i find it

19. Steve Moudry says:

I can’t stand SNL haters! The shows funny and even in it’s worst day was not even close to being “like MadTV” ick!

20. Freezezzy says:

While I admit that I haven’t watched SNL since the early 90s (when it was still funny, IMO), I’m glad to see one of the Food Network “stars” getting parodied on there. Maybe this will serve as a wake-up call to the execs of FN. Maybe not, but we can all hope, right?

21. Squarebob Spongepants says:

That was great! All it needed was one of his annoying catchphrases.

• Funky says:

If it’s Funky I’ll find it?? No If it Funky he’ll steal it. Everyone in Sonoma County knows Guy is a douce bag, scum bag and a thief and a criminal….one day karma will destroy him the same way he has obnoixiously stepped on everyone to get where he is today….

22. Mystie says:

Fun but not long enough.

(This could also describe a certain Italian sausage, if you get my meaning.)

23. Mystie, I swear you’re feeding my inner freshmen. Keeping in line with G-bag’s food names, on his next episode Guido will be featuring “EEnny Teeeny Italian Weeny with Blingy”.

Guess where the “blingy” comes to play….

24. Haha! Brilliant. I’m not a big fan of SNL these days but that was, as our boy Ferry would say, money.

25. Teague says:

Very funny piece….”I’ll let my self out.”

26. HUH??? says:

Yeah, that’s right. They are spoofing him because they hate him. You don’t think it might have to do with his popularity or fame? Please wave to a clue from shore.

27. kitty says:

Oh man, that actor played him so well! The laugh was spot-on.

28. Katie says:

While the poster comes across as an annoying little troll (please forgive if I misinterpreted), HUH??? may be right. Tuschf#ck may see this as them entering into a more pop culture realm. Please God, don’t let that be the case…

29. Ann says:

Bordain took another swipe at Fieri when mentioning that rings capture bacteria, stating that you should beware of eating Fieri’s meatballs.

If anything meaty and ball-like from Fieri were coming my way, I’d be more than wary, I’d be out of there.

30. Princess Crazypants says:

@Kev in Delaware

“I have a cabbage for a head!”

31. orchidgal says:

@Ray, I agree with you that the SNL skit needed to have the Guy-guy to be talking through a mouthful of food. Also, I’d point out that the ‘real’ Guy (is there such a thing?) doesn’t have a southern accent.

32. Ferd says:

I liked Bourdain’s comments. My culinary school taught us not to wear rings, watches, any jewelry whatsoever, not even makeup while in the kitchen.

33. CherryRose says:

“…My culinary school taught us not to wear rings, watches, any jewelry whatsoever, not even makeup while in the kitchen.”

And, most likely, you were taught to not have hair dangling in your face or the food that you’re preparing! Major faux paux by many of the FN personalities, imo.

34. Ferd says:

Yep. Watching FN hosts, sometimes I wonder if any of them ever had to pass their county health department’s food handler course! Do any of them have a license?

35. Professor Poopy Pants says:

This NEEDS to become a recurring character on SNL.

36. HandsomeDevil says:

I love Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives, but that’s where it ends. Every ingredient is a “bad boy” and his forced, fake, trying to be hip with all his catch phrases drives me up the wall.

37. Katie says:

@HandomeDevil – What, you don’t say “out of bounds” with any amount of regularity in your day-to-day? ;)

38. Layona says:

Those huge, crazy eyes, and the maniacal laugh was hysterical! I found the clip on youtube also.

39. Jim says:

Re: You.

Them who can’t..screech.

Get a life.

40. mark says:

That was great!! I also like the spoof on Glenn Beck on that clip.

41. [...] in Canada. (Laaaaaaaaaame!)  So instead here is a picture of the spoof that I found over at Food Network Humor. Follow that link to their post which has a video embedded – and if you’re in the US [...]