Ina Garten »

Ina Garten Dissed Jennifer Garner

jenina

In the new issue of W magazine, Jennifer Garner talked about being a mother, her relationship with her husband Ben Affleck, and her love for INA GARTEN of all people.

Jennifer said, “I tried to get on Ina’s show … but eventually she just said, ‘I’m sorry, I only use my real friends on the show.’ I felt like, What are you saying? That we’re not friends? I know everything about you!”

Oh, well excuuuuuse me. Ina only uses her “real” friends on the show. Yeah. Sure she does.

Sorry, Jen. If only you were a homosexual male, you would have been golden.

jenina-1

---Ina Garten In Gwyneth Paltrow’s GOOP
---The Ten Commandments Of Ina Garten
---Ina Garten: Barefoot In London
---Top 10 Reasons Ina Garten Is Disgusted
---Ina Garten Meme

1. Tatiana says:

How about the time she had that Broadway cast on the show? Were they all her friends? I’m not a fan of Jennifer Garner, but Ina needs to take a humility pill.

2. oh_come_on says:

Okay, I may put my foot in it here, so sling away, but is Ina ‘obligated’ to have Jennifer Garner on her show? WHY? Because Jennifer knows everything about Ina? Get in line Jennifer, ALL of us know EVERYTHING about Ina, and we’re not invited over.

Face it Jennifer, you’re just not that important, despite being married to your media-hound husband.

3. hairball says:

I think it is best said like this, BITCH

4. BOO says:

How did that jackass Jacob from FoodNetworkAddict get to chopper in last year? Makes ya wonder!

• Julia says:

Yeah!! I sent that idiot an email asking if Alton Brown was sick, was really worried – he looked like a walking skeleton, and of course he never responded. One email to Jilly and she’s back to me in 2 days!!! Have to agree with other posters that Jacob is probably on FN’s payroll.

5. It pains me even to chime in on these two, self-absorbed asswipes. But Jen baby, nobody gives a flying f*ck that you got dissed. And Ina, you’ve just confirmed everything I thought of you.

6. Courtney says:

Jennifer looks a little like Aida in the picture. I saw the picture before reading the title and thought there was an Aida/Ina war going on which would have been very lol.

7. Syd says:

Sounds to me like Jen was making light of it. Then again, I adore her.

Kind of funny that Ina was so brazenly honest with her. I like that.

8. Di says:

Maybe Ina prefers to be the one who does the inviting (into her own home)? It does seem that most her guests are either friends, or friends of friends. Or close business associates.

But, you know, Jennifer once was a guest on Martha Stewart’s show, so maybe that landed her on Ina’s perpetual sh*tlist haha!

9. I’m not saying Jennifer is somehow OWED a spot on Ina’s show because she’s famous. I’m just saying there’s no reason for Ina to come across as such an ungracious snot. And besides, she’s full of crap. I can think of 50 people who have been on her show that weren’t her “real friends” — like FoodNetworkAddict (as Boo mentioned) and the cast of that musical (like Tatiana mentioned).

• oh_come_on says:

IMO, it’s Jennifer who thinks she’s owed time with Ina, Jillian. Ina’s a diva, no doubt, but of course there’s none of that in Hollywood :o

• rosemary says:

i never though jennifer gardner as a diva ,and i watch cooking shows too i am glad to see the really stuck up side of ina dont like people like her.

• EGGGSSacctlly, Jillian!

• wannabecook says:

I think having Jennifer on would help her and her show! I don’t know why she wouldn’t. Ina was snotty!

• Trufootti says:

I agree with Jillian, wannabecook and Dank Dillweed (great name!) oh_come_on- I don’t feel that JG thought she was owed. She is a foodie who loves to cook, has been on Martha’s show cooking, and………oh….wait. I forgot. Ina has always wanted to BE Martha! Yes, it’s not only the peas that are green in Ina’s kitchen.

10. TooHotTamales says:

“Having said that, it is with a heavy heart that I let you all know the New York Post’s Page Six column is now oh-so cleverly referring to Sandra Lee and her boyfriend Andrew Cuomo as… SANDREW”

It’s really too bad that they’re not “real friends”, then the media would make up a name for them like “JENNINA” which sounds like a new STD. . .I’ve got a terrible case of Jennina.

11. byrdie says:

There’s not enough room in the kitchen barn for two swollen egos.

• Julia says:

If I had my show on FN I wouldn’t want the perfect Ms. Garner at my side. They would cancel me in a second and sign her up. She’s just too good to be true and I hate that. But really, I think Ina could have given her a better excuse like “I’m sorry you just don’t have enough sun damage like all my other friends.”

12. Scoobie-Doobie-Doo says:

I’d bet that Jennifer being buddies with Martha has more to do with this riff than anything else. For cring out loud, Jenn and Ben’s DOG is named Martha Stewart!

The only b!tch named Ina is the one on FN.

13. Andrew says:

Real vanilla, real friends.

14. Gina says:

I can understand Ina wanting to choose who she invites to her home BUT she could have been a little kinder about dissing Jen. I’d like to have dinner at Ina’s house too but she isn’t about to invite me either!

15. Squarebob Spongepants says:

So by that same logic, Garner should invite that guy with the camera with the telephoto lens sitting in the blue Corolla outside her house in for dinner, because he knows “everything” about her.

16. Ann I. Ball says:

“What are you saying? That we’re not friends? I know everything about you!” — Jennifer

STALKER ALERT!

• Tyler Peel says:

Ann :) That’s exactly what I was going to say! You are dead on! Last I saw (or heard of Jennifer Garner) she was appearing on the Rachel Zoe Project on Bravo. If she wants to restart her career or get attention then don’t do it on Ina’s coattails. If any of us put ourselves in Ina’s place we would want more than a bit of control of the creative process. I’m guessing that after the Mel Brooks fiasco, Ina’s had enough of Hollywood. Jennifer Garner taking her bruised ego public says a lot about her and shouldn’t be a reflection on Ina Garten.

• Ann I. Ball says:

Absolutely, Tyler.
        The fact that Jennifer mentioned this private snub during a random interview shows that Ina made the right decision.

Plus, you’d think Jen would know better than to act like a groupie towards someone famous b/c it doesn’t get you inside their houses.

17. simpfan says:

It seems like this is being skewed against Ina. If Ina only users her real friends then good for her, she doesnt need fakes to come onto the show to pretend to like her.
    And honestly, why would Jennifer Garner suddenly pop up? What does Jennifer know about denim shirts and real vanilla extract?

• Sam says:

It is a good thing we have Jennifer to tell us all what Ina supposedly said. It’s not like Jennifer would ever misconstrue what was actually said. This irrefutable fact shall be forever inscribed to the annals of history.

18. Russian Blockhead says:

There was an article about Ina in the January issue of Town and Country that just annoyed the shit out of me. I never thought I’d say this,but I’m starting to HATE Ina (even though I’d be on the road in 5 seconds if she ever invited me over for coffee and good muffins…)

19. Russian Blockhead says:

I think it’s time for me to once again mention that my husband calls her “Ina Vagina.”

20. Motzi Greps says:

Ina Garten = Big FN Star

Jennifer Garner = Virtual nobody who married a failing actor riding the coat-tails of Matt Damon

Good on you Ina dissin’ that beotch. :P

21. KATIE says:

I don’t think Ina was dissing her.. as DI said, “Maybe Ina prefers to be the one who does the inviting (into her own home)?” Plus, Jennifer Garner sucks. Go Ina.

22. Trufootti says:

I have an “insider” friend who works at FN. He tells me that 2 real biatches at FN are Sandra Lee and – yup- Ina Garten with their “I’m-better-than-butter” attitudes. Really nice, real peeps? Paula Deen & Emeril. Others have been talked about but those are the highs and lows.

I personally like Ina’s recipes, but puhlease on the gay male friends. C’mon Ina…..wtf?

23. Kittykitty says:

Considering how nervous and fluttery Ina is around the people she considers her friends, I could see her blurting out something less than tactful as a combination of snobbery and just not knowing what else to say.

24. Alex says:

Here is an excerpt from Barefootcontessa.com from a question posed on this very subject:

How can I be a guest on the show?

As you probably know, all the guests on the show are really my good friends. Many people have asked to be guests, but my producer and I feel that it’s more authentic if the guests continue to be my friends. Since the show is filmed in my kitchen in East Hampton, unfortunately, there’s no extra room for an audience.

So, the way that the “strangers” are allowed on the show is that they are at the very least friend-of-friends.

25. kellycat says:

Why do “stars” feel like they have to interject themselves in everything? I don’t want to see thier faces crop up in places like the food network. Be gone with you, you media whores, we don’t need “Hollywood” at Food Network.

26. Boke1 says:

While there’s never a reason to use the word “faaaaaabulous” so gratuitously and I don’t enjoy watching her make out with her husband, I really like Ina and agree with her decision not to sell out to Hollywood by letting annoying Jennifer Garner on her show. (How many times did she say “Matt” or “Matty” in “13 Going on 30?” God!!! Almost as bad as Kate Winslett screaming “JACK” in “Titanic.” But I digress…) Ina’s show is a nice, relaxing look into her way of cooking and entertaining and if that doesn’t include insipid B movie actresses, all the better!

27. STACCEE FOR THAT SNOOTY SB says:

GUESS OLD INA DIDN’T THINK JEN WAS GAY ENOUGH FOR HER SNOOTY SHOW. GLAD JEN DIDN’T GO ON HER SHOW, SHE IS TOO GRACIOUS AND CHARMING FOR THAT SNOBBISH UPTIGHT GAY CROWD.

28. myeager says:

I love INA! But I think she really does only have gay male friends.

29. Steph says:

What about the time that couple won a trip in a helicopter to come to Ina’s house?? I think it was “Dear Food Network” or something – were they her “real” friends too??? I don’t think I’ll ever watch her show again, what a snob.

30. Maureen says:

It’s Ina’s show and she use anyone she likes. It isn’t Jennifer Garner’s choice to make and nor should she be making an issue of this to the press. Her statement was that she thought she could help boost the profile of the show. Hey Jen dear, Ina doesn’t need any help there. Unlike Martha Stewart, who apparently will have anyone one just to keep her ratings up, Ina’s show has its following and we are all quite happy with what we see. The like of Jennifer Garner would only cheapen the show in my opinion. Here is an half-assed actress insinuating herself on a successful cooking show, with a wonderfully successful and honored chef, just to get publicity. What does she do when turned down? Shows just how classless she is by making an issue of it to the press. Trying to get her name in print at any cost. Does she really think that her angle will make Ina feel guilty? Nope. And for those of you who insist on making the snide remarks about Ina’s homosexual friends. So the hell what? Many rich people living in the Hamptons. Some are homosexual. Ina’s class of friends are what matter here. All are quite successful, most in unique occupations. Their sexuality is of no concern. And I’m betting that even with their combined income, Jens and Bens, Ina and Jeffrey could buy and sell them 10 times over. So Jen dear, watch what you say and who you say it about. It may come back and bite you in the ass, and I hope it does. Smart assed punk.

31. Linka says:

Even though I am married over 40 years, I told my husband that I would turn gay just so I could be invited to Ina/s house. I was joking, but after reading these comments, I must have not been too far off. For the record, Ina is one of my favorite cooks on the food channel, or anywhere else. I think I might have paid for her new barn, buying all her cookbooks.

32. KC says:

I think it was a joking comment made in an interview and is being blown way out of proportion here. Jennifer apparently thought it was funny (which it was) and it doesn’t sound like she took offense. And Ina probably didn’t want every celebrity and sort-of-celebrity around calling her up asking to be on the show, and when she said no citing Jennifer’s appearance. Her show isn’t structured like that, and that’s part of its charm. So they both handled it well. What’s the issue?

33. [...] she’s topping crusty bread with GOOD sliced salmon for her friend Anna. Eat your heart out, Jennifer Garner. Other posts on Food Network Humor:—Next Food Network Star #505: LIVE BLOG—Giada Obsesses Over [...]

34. Michael says:

I have always thought Ina was a snob and a crook. (remember how she drove the new owner’s of the restaurant she sold them out of business) Jen, be GLAD she doesn’t consider you a REAL friend. I doubt Ina HAS any REAL friends. If she lost all her money and social standing she would soon be alone and realize how many REAL friends she has… I’m just saying..

35. Margie says:

The bottom line is that it’s Ina’s show and she doesn’t typically have “celebrity” guests on. Paula Deen does, Ina doesn’t. Why would Ina be obligated to honor the request? People get irritated because Ina insists on calling the shots ON HER OWN SHOW. Good for her. Keep on keeping it classy and low-key Ina. And pass the good vanilla, please….

36. mac says:

Didn’t she just cook with Gwyneth Paltrow?

37. CHARLOTTE says:

JENNIFER GARNER IS A FAKE BIATCH AND INA KNOWS THIS.