General: Food Humor »

McDonalds Menu Items Around The World (Part 2, 32 pics)

It’s an incredibly slow Food Network news day, so let’s pass the time until Sandra Lee does something stupid by gawking at McDonalds foods from around the world! Here’s a sampling of menu items that aren’t available in the United States:

ASIA

In Asia, you can pick up an icon sandwich, which is a chicken breast smothered with 2 different kinds of melted cheeses, bacon, and lettuce.

This is the shaka-shaka chicken. You choose a powder mixture flavor, dump it into the bag with your chicken patty, seal the bag, and shake it up.

mcdonalds fried sweet potato pie
Hong Kong just released a fried sweet potato pie in 2010.

The Mega-Mac is HUGE. It comes with 4 patties that are much thicker than their American counterparts.

In Asia, you can also get a Diavlo chicken sandwich. It’s a spicy chicken breast covered with bacon, cheese, and lettuce.

Tomato seafood soup.

The Carbonara chicken sandwich combines breakfast and lunch. It’s a chicken breast with cheesy, bacon, cheese, and a scrambled egg.

In Japan, you can score a Double Mac Egg Burger. It has 2 patties, an egg, bacon, and cheese.

mcdonalds hong kong asia double big mac pita
In Hong Kong and Tokyo, you can also get a double big mac on a pita. Just look how happy she is about it.

mcdonalds japan salted lemon chicken sandwich
This is a salted lemon chicken sandwich, available in Japan. It’s deep-fried thigh meat with lettuce, cheese and a sweet & salty lemon sauce. It is also available with bacon.

mcdonalds fried bacon and potato pie
A fried bacon and potato pie! Far superior to the version served in parts of the USA.

The “German Icon” is another variation of the icon sandwich. It’s a fried chicken patty, topped with grilled pork sausage, mozzarella cheese, cabbage, and a tangy sauce.

mcdonalds cbc chicken bacon deluxe
In Hong Kong, you can get a CBD: chicken bacon deluxe, served on a hearty roll.

In America, we have McCafe blended coffee drinks. In Asia, they have cheesecake and creme brulee. It hardly seems fair.

This is a ham and cheese burger, and it’s available as a breakfast option across Asia.

GERMANY

mcdonalds nurnburger germany
This is the N├╝rnburger, a mini bratwurst sandwich available in Germany. It consists of three Nuremberg style sausages and grilled onions piled high on a mustard roll. It debuted in July, 2010.

mcdonalds shrimp lemon burger
The shrimp lemon burger is a fried shrimp patty topped with lettuce and a garlic lemon sauce.

mcdonalds germany 1955 burger
McDonalds Germany also boasts the 1955 burger. It comes with bacon and caramelized onions.

mcdonalds germany mctoast
Tired of the McMuffin? How about the McToast, with diced ham and melted cheese?

mcdonalds germany mini cakes desserts
In Germany, you can get McDonalds Mini-Cakes that look like something from a bakery here in the states.

mcdonalds germany cupcakes desserts
McDonalds in Germany also sell 4 different kinds of cupcakes!

mcdonalds germany bagel sandwiches
Germany also offers all sorts of bagel sandwiches, like this Italian bagel combo pictured above.

EVERYWHERE ELSE

mcdonalds chile barros jarpa
In Chile, you can get a Barros Jarpa. It’s a ham and cheese sandwich served on toast.

mcdonalds chile empanadas
Chile also offers empanadas with queso.

mcdonalds turkey chocolate orange pie
The Turkey Mcdonalds has a chocolate orange pie. It’s a fried crust, filled with molten chocolate.

mcdonalds australia  brekkkie roll
Australia McDonalds serves the Bakehouse Brekkie Roll – egg, fried-potato patty, bacon, and onion relish on a sourdough roll. It also comes in a wrap.

mcdonalds deluxe fries
In France, Mexico, Switzerland, and a few other countries, you can get “deluxe french fries.” They’re basically just unpeeled, breaded, and seasoned potatoes.

mcdonalds mcbeer
In Switzerland, Portugal, Spain, Italy, France, and a few other countries in Europe, you can have a cold McBeer with your food.

mcdonalds italy mozzarillo
Italy also has the Mozzarillo, a burger topped with a fresh slice of mozzarella cheese made from 100% Italian milk from Lat Bri (Brianza Dairy). The sandwich debuted in September, 2010.

mcdonalds phillippines
You can get a Chicken McDo with Spaghetti in the Philippines. It includes a fried chicken leg and spaghetti with marinara sauce.

If you enjoyed this post, check out PART 1 of our McDonalds foods from around the world. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go grab a boring cheeseburger.

---McDonalds Menu Items From Around The World (40 Pics)
---McDonalds Has Websites Just For Blacks And Asians?!
---The Worst Restaurant Names In The World (35 Pics)
---New TGIFriday’s Ultimate Recipe Showdown Burger
---A Sad Day For Madonna At McDonalds

1. yahtoon says:

So jealous! They need to bring all of this to the States somehow.

• sean says:

Well…The pictures always look so much better than the reality…But you can thank American big government (both parties, I am a non-partisan hater :) ) and regulation and the court systems for much of the lack of offerings. Just be happy you still have a salt shaker on the table and the option for a soft drink. Probably wont be much longer for the happy meal toys…

• Larry says:

I don’t see why they couldn’t do some sort of McDonalds International Stores in test markets around the US, and offer a rotating menu of McDonald’s treats from around the world. God knows they have the funds to at least try this out. Something tells me they definitely would NOT lose any money on a venture like this, and would probably actually make a killing in places like NYC and LA, and stores in the midwest like Chicago and Dallas would probably fare very well too. I do know that they have expanded McCafe stores in test markets already.

• Inks says:

As a german I can say: The Nuernburger was really good! but the cakes are just to expensive to spend money on. Plus in part one they said they wold sell beer, but they don’t do it everywhere.

2. Polly says:

I might actually eat at McDonalds if they had bagel sandwiches like that. But otherwise, how is it that America is the fattest than all of these countries when they have just as much (if not more) fattening food available to them? (Just Google “Japanese Pizza Hut”)

And what the hell, do they get full-sized My Little Ponies in their happy meals? When I was a kid, we were lucky if the toys were slightly too big to fit up a nostril. Why you gotta be like that, McDonalds? You move on up to classier ‘hoods and you forget where you came from? WE MADE YOU WHO YOU ARE, MCDONALDS, DON’T FORGET THAT.

3. Rob-omb says:

I’m curious to see what these sandwiches look like in real life, not just their advertising counterparts. McDonald’s is pretty notorious for not quite living up to expectations, visually. In other words, they’re usually gross.

• Jenny says:

I can’t speak for all of them but Japan is pretty good at keeping up with the ad image. It’s not perfect, but it’s presented way nicer than in the US. Also, it’s so tasty, and I have a feeling they use less grease.

They even package it nicely. Once you order your food, you pull to the side and they package everything neatly into a bag (The drinks are put into sturdy cardboard cup holders and put into a separate bag), and then they bring it over to you and thank you for your business. They package that shit so nicely, you’ll never make a mess in your car.

But the price and quantity is shocking if you’re used to the US ones.

• GLOW says:

I can speak only for Germany but the products do tend to look like on the ads. The N├╝rnburger, for example, or the Shrimp lemon. Even the cup-cakes and mini-cakes look the same- although they are rather small. There is also other food, not displayed above which would be worth mentioning.
      Nevertheless, McDonalds Germany keeps up with the expectations (which could be due to the very German norms and regulations we have here). :P

4. Annicka says:

What?? Oh my god, if McDonald’s here had the sweet potato pie and those adorable pastries, I would actually go to McDonald’s for food, instead of just the toys!

GET WITH THE PROGRAM, U.S. MCDONALD’S!!

5. JF says:

The only exotic McDonald’s experience I’ve had was in Hawaii. They gave you a little fresh pineapple for dessert with every order, and it was delicious. Too bad that’s an anomaly in the rest of the States…

6. Ann says:

McDonald’s new advertising slogan should be, “McDonalds. Making people around the world fat, not just in the US.” It’s amazing what they can think to fry or put between two buns. It seems to me, though, that overall, their offerings in other countries are much better than here.

7. CEQ says:

When I was stationed in Germany, I had a beer at McDonalds (just to say I ordered beer at McDonalds), and it was the worst thing I have ever tasted. It was like a warm Miller High Life that was 2 years old.

• Ferd Berfle says:

I got a kick out of seeing all the U.S. servicemen at the McD’s in Heidelberg. Many had their families with them so the kiddies could get their happy meals. Never had a bad (or warm) beer at a Euro McD’s, though.

• When my dad was stationed in Germany, McDs had yet to show up in Europe,but there was an A&W, a KFC, and a Dairy Queen all within driving distance, and all served beer, IIRC.

I’m proud to say that in the 4 years we lived there, we didn’t go to any of them! My mom loved bratwurst mit broetchen und ein Fanta from an Imbiss-stube, so that’s what we ate.

It annoyed me that so many American GIs had a fantastic opportunity to experience another culture, for practically nothing and instead would do their damndest to stay on base and avoid any exposure to Europe.

I’d kill to go back…

• CEQ says:

Yeah there were a ton of barracks rats there, that would hate to go out. I only went to Micky D’s when I got homesick for some fatass American food. Trust me, I made the most out of my opportunity overseas!

• Barb says:

That’s why fast food is the cancer of the culinary world.

8. Ferd Berfle says:

I’ve found McD’s a good place to stop while in Europe for an inexpensive beer or coffee. In France, many of the restaurants have pastry cases full of really nice-looking goodies. They also had a version of croque monsieur, which was the cheapest sandwich on the menu. It was okay – not quite like the real thing, but not bad for a budget traveler like me.

9. RigaToni says:

To be fair to the US McDonald’s… you know that the commercials make our US stuff look a little tasty too.. it’s only till you actually get to McD’s that you realize you’ve been fed slop.

I would not expect the international counterparts to be as tasty or fluffy looking in person at the restaurants.

I mean let’s discuss the McParfait or whatever they call it… that looks like fresh food in the marketing photos. It looks like some of those desserts may be in the same boat.

10. Ray says:

When I lived in Maine, I recall that at a certain time of the year, the local McDonald’s had lobster on the menu.

11. Di says:

I’m beyond jealous of the fried pies! What’s the point of a McDs pie, if it isn’t fried?

12. Jon McKenzie says:

Hah! The Philipines McDonalds are copying the Jollibee menu!

13. Old71 says:

The mega mac was called the double big mac in the US. I got to try it when it was briefly on the menu. They still have the double quarter pounder though.

14. boke1 says:

I don’t typically eat at McD’s but I might reconsider if they offered some of these options. Not bad!

15. Nikki G. says:

I’ve tried the chicken and spaghetti meal from McDonald’s in the Philippines! It’s so good, too bad the McDonald’s here don’t have a variety of choice when it comes to their menu.

16. DFM Marlink says:

I don’t care about the food, but may I pretty please have the blue Ember My Little Pony? You can have my McBeer! (I wouldn’t drink it anyways, not liking alcohol, so it’d just go to waste.)

17. Sophie Blue says:

Coming from the Philippines, I grew up eating the spaghetti/fried chicken combo. Hell you can get the fried chicken on its own! Imagine my sadness when I first arrived here to find the U.S. McDonalds only offering burgers and fries. A little bit of nostalgia from this post, love it!

18. KatieBatie says:

The sweet potato pie is available in the States… We have them at the McDonald’s by my house (in the Atlanta area). Maybe it’s a regional thing?

19. Deaner says:

Random thoughts:

-I’ve always wanted to try the McAloo Tikki from the McDonald’s in India – a spicy deep fried vegetable patty made from potato and peas with tomato, lettuce and egg-free mayo.

-Of the western fast food joints I’ve been in overseas, I’d have to say the McDonald’s in Hong Kong were closest to what one would expect in the U.S. A few differences, but everything pretty much tasted the same as “back home”. The Pizza Hut I ate at in Kowloon was pretty familiar too, except for certain offerings like “Cowboy Pizza”, which had sliced beef and baby corn as toppings.

-I also tried a Wendy’s in Seoul, South Korea. Ehh…not bad, not great. The burgers reminded me of the ones they used to serve in high school. The meat some sort of filler/binder in it – I think it was oats, to be honest. Still a lot better than the “Special Burger” I had at a Korean snack stand (I’ll spare you all the gory digestive details).

-Oh yeah, and Jack in the Box (and a lot of other fast food joints) in Hawaii offers Spam fried rice for breakfast. Gotta love that spam!

Damn…the McToast and bagel sandwich things look pretty darned good.

21. Cissy says:

they used to have new items every once in awhile in Hong Kong. I remember they had red bean pie, pineapple pie, a sundae with red bean, and some burger called General’s Burger (some kind of teriyaki sauce). They have the shake shake fries. I love them!!!!

22. Melissa D'umbass says:

yeah, here in nz we also have the mega mac, bakehouse brekkie roll, and awesome looking baked goods from mccafe. i’ve never actually tried any of these, though.

i will say though the apple pie in the us is far better than over here. they still fry them here and i don’t like the crispy texture (see the fried sweet potato pie as an example).

• Will says:

In Aus we have the same as you except the mega mac, but the bakehouse brekkie roll is pretty blah, just barbeque sauce and a hash brown to set it apart from a mcmuffin…

Completely agree on the apple pie, I much prefer the US ones when I go to visit, actually has the texture and consistency of a pie rather than a beer battered fish.

• blahblah says:

We don’t have the mega mac in New Zealand.

23. Zee says:

The salted lemon chicken sandwich looks tasty!

Question – why do you watermark photos that you yourself did not take? Clearly you stole them off the Internet, but others aren’t allowed to do the same from you?

24. PetiteCerise says:

This is great! ^-^ McDonald’s food is obviously much better in most of those places, heehee ^-^ I think that it would be a good idea to specify which parts of Asia (aside from Hong Kong and Japan) those foods are from, thoughsies. At least specify that it’s East Asia because otherwise you’re including India, Israel, Uzbekistan, Mongolia and parts of Russia, etc! Obviously those are not included, heehee ^-^ East Asia! East Asia! ^-^ They look *yummy*! :D

25. Junior says:

The 1955 is delicious. McDonalds Germany is always win.

26. Elizabeth says:

I’ve had the Chicken Shaka in Japan. It’s much better chicken than the nuggets, and it’s only 100 yen. Good deal!

• Wab says:

Seriously. Shaka Shaka Chicken is my life!!!!!! I barely ever get McD’s here, but it’s so fun shaking up the chicken to juicy lemon pepperyness (or whatever flavor you choose).

The fondue burger (the pic at the top of this post) was alright but the bacon was really flavorless.

Also, little sidetrack, but in the beginning of October Burger Kings in Tokyo had an all-you-can-eat Whopper campaign for about $6. Definitely could barely get through two though. Japan’s all about little campaigns and special items, it’s very fun!

27. Weebs says:

This is awesome. I want to try most of this stuff. Fried bacon potato pie? Hell yes!

28. Ashley says:

Oh man, they have the Chicken shake thing here in France. It’s amazing! Also, a full menu of McCafe beverages, and some pretty darn tasty pastries. It’s probably a good thing that my local McDo doesn’t have a McCafe, because I’d go there far more often than I should.

29. Justin says:

To add further insult to injury, the food probably looks just as good irl as it does in the pictures :(

30. Rose says:

anyone wanna travel the world with me to go try all these mcdonalds foods? they look good, i wanna see the real versions though..

31. [...] Originally Posted by iRaptor Make no sense IMO. BIG MAC = 2 patties Double big mac = 4 patties Triple big mac = 3 patties? Come on now.. ok, how about this one then? Food Network Humor McDonalds Menu Items Around The World (Part 2, 32 pics) [...]

32. coco says:

HONG KONG HAS CORN CUPS AND SOUP NOODLES

33. Tttore says:

All of it looks nice, but sadly, EVERYTHING served in a real McDonalds literally smells like mold and taste like garbage. Why is that?

34. Your NameCharlie says:

In Bangkok I noted lamb burgers (has a large Indian population) and broccoli pie. I was told the broccoli was sweet, I might have tried it if it were savory. Also, in place of mustard, there was sweet chili sauce…great on fries!

35. Nunnster says:

While In the middle easy (Namely Kuwait, and UAE) I fell in love with the McD’s . You could get what I call “an egg burger” which is A US version of a cheese burger with a fried egg on top, so good. Also they had what is basically a chicken pita, But for the life of me cant remember the name of, that was one of the best fast food things Ive ever ate…And falafel at Mcds.. yum yum.