Sandra Lee »

Sandra Lee’s Tablescapes Are Up For Auction

Sandra Lee is currently on eBay auctioning off the tablescapes from this season of Semi-Homemade. 100% of the proceeds will be going to benefit Share Our Strength’s “No Hungry Kid” project, which is a great charity that’s trying to end childhood hunger. Maybe it’s just my cynical side, but this whole thing reeks of a perfectly orchestrated, perfectly timed, intensely-thought out PR move on Sandra Lee’s part. It’s an election year. November is right around the corner, and her boyfriend’s name is on the New York ballot after all. Can’t celebrities and rich people just give to charity without auctions and hoopla and making sure as many people know about their donation as possible?

That aside, the first auction went live yesterday. It was the ridiculous “pom poms hanging from the ceiling” tablescape from the first episode of season 14, and it currently has one bid of $200. The most ridiculous part is that Food Network valued the tablescape package at $877! Yes, you read that right: EIGHT HUNDRED AND SEVENTY SEVEN DOLLARS.

To be fair, the auction also includes a Kitchen Aid mixer, which is about $250. But still, that puts the value of the tablescape at around $650. I find that incredibly hard to believe, considering all of the components look like they came from a Family Dollar store. So what’s the message? Save time and money serving your guests absolute shit to eat, and blow 5x your budget on the tackiest accessories you can find?

Here’s what the lucky winner will get:

8 chargers, 8 plates, 8 bowls, 8 placemats, 8 utensil settings, 8 plastic cups, 8 napkins, 6 votives, 4 votive holders, 2 flower bouquets, 2 pinwheel bouquets, 2 tall vases, 2 medium vases, 8 luggage tags, fabric for tablecloth, a Kitchen Aid mixer, and a signed copy of Sandra Lee’s book.

We’ll keep you posted on the final selling price. And stay tuned – because on November 8th, Sandra Lee will be auctioning off a “VIP Experience to attend a taping of her show, tour her studio and MEET her for an intimate conversation.” Sounds terrifying. You mean she doesn’t have to pay US for that?

---Sandra Lee Tablescape Auction Update
---Top 10 Tackiest Sandra Lee Tablescapes Of All Time
---Sandra Lee Regressing Back To Her Old Color Coordinated Ways
---Sandra Lee’s Denim and Diamonds Tablescape
---Ridiculous eBay Auction Alert: $4,000 Paula Deen Painting

1. Jess says:

Actually, those plates and utensils are by Lilly Pulitzer, which is an upscale clothing and preppy accessory brand.

Still a bunch of plastic shit, though, when you get right down to it.

• Okay, so they cost $3 per set instead of $1 per set. That still doesn’t add up to $650!

• I just looked and the Pinwheels alone cost $9 each! Ridiculous!

• Rose says:

Lilly Pullitzer for $3 dollars a set?! oh no no no no, more like $3 per cup, plate, and whatever, rediculous, I kknow, but thats the price you pay to have Lilly Pullitzer “exclusive patterns” grace your tablescape, because god forbid you buy something that looks exactly the same, but costs a very small fraction of the price.

And also, wow, all that DIY bullshit, and saving money, blah blah blah, I grew up on scraps, so I serve all my guests shit food, so they know what I did?!?! what happened to that! God “Aunt Sandy” if you can afford that stuff for your stupid “tablescapes” you can afford to make real food!!

• Brent-O says:

So wait, after all the hoopla about DIY tablescapes (which are hideous), she actually goes to a HIGH-END store and buys all that shit? Wow, you’re so crafty, Sandy.

• RigaToni says:

I was thinking the same thing. She talks about how much money it will save, then has $650 in crapola (maybe more, they don’t say WHICH kitchenaid mixer… I think Jillian is giving them too much credit).

Yeah, you think we should be paying $650 for a dinner party before the FOOD?

2. Tom says:

If the “intimate conversation” includes a roll in the hay, i’m in for $14.50.

3. boke1 says:

Where do they keep all this crap that it’s still around and wasn’t already donated to a worthy cause? (What worthy cause needs an eyesore like this, well, I can’t answer that.) If Sandra really wants to end childhood hunger she should learn to make food that doesn’t include Cool Whip, frosting from a can or premade taco seasoning.

• Daria says:

I’m not defending Sandra Lee but I did notice that so far in this new season, of the glimpses I’ve caught of it, that she’s been using real whipped cream lately! I wonder what is up with that, did she suddenly grow a conscience? Did the Cool Whip people stop sending her money? Is FN trying desperately to save her image? She still uses the seasoning packets though…

• Gypsy says:

And she’s still claiming they save money. On her other show she explains how buying the individual spices saves money because they can be used for so many other things. Uncommitted much? (Or should be committed…)

4. Lollipop says:

Does that glass have a pink elephant on the side of it?

• Judith says:

It sure does!

• Emily says:

Clearly, the perfect cup for Sandra Lee–she should not give these away, but market her own line of pink elephant products…
        “Seeing pink elephants” is a euphemism for drunken hallucination, caused by alcoholic hallucinosis or delirium tremens.”

5. ComfyChair says:

While it is wonderful that she is raising money for charity, the fact that Aunt Sandy actually saved these nightmarescapes is disturbing.

• Diane says:

I’m having this uncomfortable feeling that Sandy is a hoarder and somewhere…in some deep, dark recess of her home are all those creepy ass dolls she used for that one nightmare tablescape.

*Shudder*

6. Teague says:

You hit the nail on the head when you mentioned ‘election year’.

7. Annie says:

Maybe they meant $8.77

• Hookerbot says:

That’s still $8 more than I would pay for this shit. Holy crap, they actually think a bunch of plastic crap is worth more than the $10 you could get those from the dollar store just because it was on TV? Ridiculous.

Hmmm…this makes me think of a quote from Dolly Parton: “It takes a lot of money to look this cheap.”
    I guess Dolly was right!!

9. Jodie says:

She doesn’t even give you a table cloth, just the fabric for it! For $877 they should at least throw in some taco seasoning packets or cans of frosting and vanilla extract.

10. Laura says:

Haha, I just checked food network addict (well I clicked on it by accident) and someone posted a comment under that last post from June about how you are hung up on Guy’s penis. Go read it….

• LMAO that’s hilarious. It’s called a RECURRING JOKE. Maybe they should look it up.

Thanks for the tip, but I would rather take a hot poker to the eyes than read that guy’s website again. If I have to see one more photo of him with his nose up Susie Fogelson or Sunny Anderson’s ass, I’ll barf.

11. Robert says:

When I briefly worked at Michaels, I used to play “Spot the Sandra Lee Tablescape” to kill time on the floor. I could pull out 80% of her supplies from the shelves or stock room. $400 is too much to pay for all those supplies with the KitchenAid.

12. Lisa says:

I can’t decided if I am more surprised that someone actually bid $200, or that her rabid fans aren’t bidding constantly.

13. AJ (the other one) says:

I really appreciate Sandra Lee’s charity work, but her tablescapes all look like they were created by a disturbed circus clown or a trailer park babe who just won the lottery.

14. Coast0385 says:

Her tablescapes make my eyes vomit

15. Jessica says:

OMG, are they serious? It every episode Sandy swears up and down that everything she does is sooooooo affordable and she’s using Lily EFFING Pulitzer plates for a one-time tablescape? I can’t think of anyone in the world who is more out of touch.

I hate her so bad.

16. semi-irate says:

doesn’t the accompaniment of sandra’s book immediately reduce the value of the prize package by at least 80%? I call shenanigans.

17. blondieb says:

It’s because its all Lilly Pulitzer which is very cute but also can be quite pricey