General: Food Network »

Food Network Chefs: Where Are They Now?

New FNH segment alert! I thought it would be fun to catch up with some fan-favorite chefs to see what they’ve been up to since their time on the Food Network. We’ll kick off the series with two of my personal favorites: Manouschka Guerrier and Michael Proietti.

Manouschka was the stand-out star on the now-canceled reality show Private Chefs of Beverly Hills. She dropped witty one-liners like it was her job (favorite: “this isn’t Burger King; you can’t have it your way!”) and turned out solid food for even the most demanding clients. These days, Manouschka owns and operates the Los Angeles-based brand Single Serving, where she celebrates the single life and teaches other singles how to serve up chic, easy and affordable meals. Oh, and did I mention she’s a former model and is absolutely gorgeous? Her newest video, 7 SINgle Servings, combines her love of glamor and food. It’s about a single character set in 7 sinful culinary scenes:

You can follow Manouschka on her blog, Single Serving Bytes. She’s also on Facebook and Twitter.

Michael was my favorite contestant on Season 5 of Next Food Network Star (I’m still bitter about his loss to the probably-predetermined-winner MELISSA D’ARABIAN). Since then, Michael’s worked as executive chef at the Radisson Hotel in New Rochelle and the City Chow House in Westchester. He also shot a pilot for a new show called The Culinary Freak, where he talks about his menu options and upcoming appearance on Chopped Champions. Funniest line? “Everyone’s, like, gluten-free weirdos now. No one eats starch. The hippies will f*cking love (these beets).”

You can follow Michael on Facebook and Twitter.

Good luck to Manouschka and Michael! And a note to the ex-Food Network personalities reading this (and I know you’re out there): if you’d like to be featured here, drop me an email!

---Food Network Humor is now on Twitter!
---Custom Facebook URL’s For TV Chefs
---If The Food Network Chefs Were On Facebook (Part 5)
---Food Network Renews Ten Dollar Dinners; The Internet Shrieks In Horror
---OPEN TOPIC: What Would You Want Food Network Chefs To Cook For You?

1. baw24 says:

I would totally watch Culinary Freak, so hilarious!

2. Sasha says:

I’m not surprised that Private Chefs of BH got cancelled but I will miss seeing Manouschka for sure. She was my favorite on that show.

3. jenna says:

I LOL’d at Michael Prioetti’s video! I would totally watch that show.

4. s.m says:

i looooved michael too! so sad when he got booted!

5. Jen says:

Michael’s pilot was hilarious and entertaining – hope he makes it to TV soon!

6. Gypsy says:

Manoushka is apparently somehow connected (maybe as friends) with Nadia G of Bitchin Kitchen because BK’s feed recommends her a lot. I can see where they’d get along and I hope they can someday be on screen together.

Stuart has a lovely food blog. http://stuartokeeffe.com/ And Sasha is now apparently an entertainment reporter. Waste of her talents, I sez…

Thanks for the update.

7. Dustyisdead says:

I watched about 1 minute of the culinary freak and had to turn his annoying ass off. He’s like a gay version of the naughty chef, who was also like nails on a chalkboard.

8. Single_gurrl says:

I for sure thought Juan Carlos Cruz would be on this pose or in the comments. You know murder for hire and food network all go together

9. Teague says:

I like Michael and wish him well. But where ever his career takes him it will be hard top Debbie (she’s Korean) waking her head on his tray in NFNS. Even though it was entirely her fault he’ll be for ever associated with that great moment.

10. Betty says:

I liked Private Chefs of Beverly Hills. Was I the only one? And, speaking of, I don’t think anyone would mind an update on Chef Stuart.

11. Tracy says:

Will there be a new FNH podcast soon? It’s been way too long!

12. Scott Johnson says:

Very fascinating. I’m not surprised that Private Chefs got canned, it’s far too nitchy even for Food Network Standards.

But good for Michael, he was very entertaining. Jill/Brie, keep an eye out for the “Chopped All-Stars” commercials, because he’s going to appear on one episode. Not sure which, but you could see his face/hair easily. Debbie might even be on there too, so be alert!

13. froglegs says:

Luv Luv Luv Michael!!!!!!

14. Spoonula says:

Oh he’s great

15. Deaner says:

Manouschka is stunningly beautiful. That she can cook so well is just doubly awesome.

Michael (sans the button down and tie) looks like he could have been an extra from Repo Man.

16. Poppycock says:

Manouschka <——– that is one fucked up name

17. Stogoe says:

I can forgive Michael’s gap-tooth and fauxhawk and that blue-shirt-white-collar monstrosity, but I cannot abide that neckbeard. I will live to see it destroyed.

• Stogoe says:

Oops, forgive me. I assumed his head was populated by hair. Instead, he has watercolored onto his face a purple neckbeard and skullcap, and affixed (with spirit gum most likely) a frond of dead moss.

18. Marky Mark says:

bleh….this post was much ado about nuttin’

19. Marky Mark says: