Tyler Florence »

How Tyler Florence “Rolls”

I don’t follow the egotistical Tyler Florence on Twitter, so I’m always missing out on photo gems from his Twitpic… like this one that features him bragging about the fact that he showed up to set looking like shit (sent in by FNH reader Amber):

I don’t know what’s more horrifying: that there’s going to be another season of Great Food Truck Race, or the fact that Tyler Florence is actually proud of showing up to work looking like he hasn’t slept since the Reagan administration. Is that Crisco on his head? Oh well.  That’s just “HOW HE ROLLS” I guess.

Seriously, though, food trucks? Everyone knows that trend is over. It’s more played out than Michael Chiarello’s copy of The Birdcage.

Finally, if you’ll recall, Tyler had some, uh, “fashion problems” on last season of Food Truck Race:

And by the looks of his Twitpic feed, that nasty little quilted black vest (possibly available at his Mill Valley store for just $599.99!) is going to be rearing its ugly little head more than once. Brace yourselves.

(Photos via Tyler Florence’s Twitpic, here and here)

---Tyler Florence On The Today Show
---Tyler Florence Should Have Someone Proofread His Twitter
---$80 Tyler Florence Lasagna Dish: Ridiculous
---Tyler Florence & Andrew Zimmern Hate Each Other
---Twitter Users Sick Of Tyler Florence – Are You?

1. Surly Duff says:

Sweet fancy moses, what an ego. Who takes pictures of themselves to post on twitter?

• Pepper says:

Sweet fancy moses? ahahahaah now that’s my catchphrase. But seriously, he looks like an extra in “Grease.” or “Happy Days.”

2. Daria says:

Tyler is looking a little old these days.

3. john says:

Man. He used to be sorta douchey-cute. Now, he looks like the guy hanging out at the mall, offering to buy bubble tea for the tweenage girls. Ick.

Serious question: which makeup artist has to work harder, Tyler’s or Guy Fieri’s?

4. I just wanted to say that the time of writing this comment, this post has ZERO TWEETS and ZERO FACEBOOK LIKES. That makes me laugh. Want proof no one cares about you anymore? There it is.

5. Tom says:

I know a major element of this site is Guy bashing, but TF is way less tolerable. I can’t watch any of his stuff. The only ones less watchable are the Neelys. Used to live and work in Mill Valley which is a high income town just north of the Golden Gate Bridge. Even there, his store stands out as snooty.

6. Silvio says:

Was he out skanking for skirts , just like the old days ? Or Doorknocking for some Dinner ?

What a knob .

7. Amy says:

Manhattan KS is my town! I followed him on Twitter when GFTR was here to get info but then unfollowed his ass as soon as they left.

He looks like a slightly less surgically altered Mickey Roarke.

9. C.K. says:

So the show,America’s Next Great Restaurant, was a massive failure, but a second season of Food Truck Wars gets the green light? Am I missing something here? Is everyone at Scripps really that dumb?

10. Mamapyjama says:

Tyler’s looking a little doughy these days. Too much partying, too little sleep, maybe.

11. Andrew says:

I’d hit that.

12. FuryOfFirestorm says:

Keeping on rolling, Tyler…into traffic.

13. Currer Bell says:

Dang it, if they are filming the show, that means the local food truck that submitted a video to them didn’t make the cut. Oh well.

I guess the only part I don’t agree with this article is that food trucks are played out. I have no idea about LA and NYC, where they’ve been around awhile, but in other cities it hasn’t even had a chance to play…much less be played out.

14. Neuf says:

If it walks like a douche and smells like a douche, it’s either Guy Fieri or Tyler Florence.

15. Azizeh says:

Woah. He has coffee and then goes to work? I think that ritual may catch on.

16. OperationShuttieUppie says:

Tyler Florence has to be the most unwatchable FN “personality” to come down the pike in years. Seriously. The douche oozes through everything he does. The guy cannot stop being a prick, even when he’s trying to be appealing and likeable. Yuck.

17. Goober says:

So an intersection of some streets in Kansas is the “set”?

18. Mickey says:

I hate to say this, but Tyler is beginning to look like the homeless wino who panhandles for a few dollars to buy a couple of gallons of cheap crap to drink. What’s with his puffy face, is his wife beating him up every night?

19. jules says:

You are all just jealous people who have nothing better to do than “bash” those who have “tasted
    ” success.

Get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. jules says:

Oh, also…..if you don’t like FN then why are you watching?????????