Ina Garten »

Ina Garten’s Kitchen Photoshop Disaster

CNBC just posted yet another generic “Home Kitchens of Celebrity Chefs” slideshow… and this was the photo they included for Ina Garten’s kitchen:

Okay, first of all, that’s the worst, most unflattering photo of Ina Garten’s kitchen that I’ve ever seen. Period. That is definitely not a “good” angle.

Second, and most obviously, CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE TWO SPIRITS LINGERING BY THE BACK WINDOW? What in the sweet hell? This is either the worst photoshop job in the history of the world, or Ina Garten’s kitchen is haunted. Oh yeah. Shit’s about to get real paranormal all up in the Hamptons.

I find it hard to believe this is the best possible photo CNBC found of Ina’s kitchen. Granted  I’m not a photographer, but I thought it was common knowledge that when taking a picture of something, one should WAIT UNTIL ALL THE OLD WOMEN HAVE CLEARED OUT OF THE FRAME before depressing the shutter button.

Even IF you missed the two old women in your frame (who the hell are they, anyway?), is the answer a poorly executed gray fill over their bodies? I don’t think so.

Epic fail on all accounts, CNBC!

---Giada’s Photoshop Disaster
---Ina Garten’s Kitchen Tip #253
---Twitter Week On FNH: Day 2 (Ina Garten)
---What’s Ina Garten Thinking
---Ina & Jeffrey Garten: In Love For 40 Years

1. Justin says:

Even more sad is that that’s not her HOME kitchen. That’s the kitchen in the barn down the street from her home that was built to be her office, test kitchen, and television set kitchen. Her home kitchen (used in all but the last couple of seasons) looks quite different.

2. Jonathan Doan says:

Looks like cardboard standees. Still, horrible photo.

3. Pepper says:

That’s how she gets her *good* ectoplasm.

4. Ferd Berfle says:

They’re cardboard cutouts. The photographer tried to get Ina’s friends, but when they demanded big appearance fees, he decided one phony friend was as good as another.

• Cynic onlooker says:

The rich wanting more money? Things must not be as happy-go-lucky in the Hamptons like everyone thinks…or they’re just dipshits. I choose: C, all of the above.

5. Andra says:

What, they couldn’t get gay spirits?

6. Vortmatts says:

Do you think the cardboard cutouts are gay, too? I think you have to be to be in her kitchen.

7. MercuryCyclops says:

Obviously cardboard standees to imply Ina has female friends, and not just old gays.

LOLing @ these comments. :)
    Sounds like CNBC just kinda phoned this one in.

9. Amber says:

Just me or does it look like a car lot just outside the windows?

10. clw96 says:

I thought the same thing when I first saw this, but the caption (or article, I can’t remember) says that a replica of her kitchen is on display somewhere. One can only hope that this is photo of the display. Even so, I still can’t understand why they thought cardboard cut-outs would be necessary…or appealing.

• Mark H88 says:

If you look in the background, it does look like a display in a store or something. I would imagine that the cutouts don’t have any involvement with kitchen set because they appear to be to the side of it. It’s like when a supermarket or Wal-mart has a display in the middle of the aisle.

Granted, the photographer could have noticed and move the cutout, but meh, it’s not too big a deal.

• Mark H88 says:

I stand corrected. I guess it actually is the real set. Maybe they used the cutout to block something offensive in the background? LOL

• Mystrich says:

Ina cooks out of the barn at her own home though. She’s the only Food Network chef who doesn’t cook on a “set”. There shouldn’t be store front windows.

11. Mellin says:

I may hate him, but I gotta give it to Guy for having a foot-pedal operated sink in his kitchen. He’s right about touching handles when you are covered in cooking gunk – it’s just bad.

12. Nancy says:

hmmm…or maybe a graphic designer with a revenge issue

13. EVOOOOOOO says:

I have to agree that this is an atrocity, indeed on an epic scale. It is almost unimaginable how disgusting and loathsome is this crime against humanity. Epic is right. And it definitely involves failing. Whoever is responsible for this photoshop holocaust MUST be immediately kidnapped and sent to be raped and tortured in a Turkish prison. No punishment is cruel enough for the monster who perpetuated this! EVIL MUST BE STOPPED, STARTING WITH THE BLOODY BUTCHER OF PHOTOSHOP!

14. Ginger says:

“How f-upped is that?” Nervous laughter……

15. kpipe says:

perhaps ghosts of jeffrey’s lovers who ina capped?

• Skats says:

Geoffry gives off the vibe of a nervy old queen. Me thinks Ina shouldn’t be too concerned about female ghosts…lol.

16. Chris says:

Why is everyone so shocked? That is clearly Michael and Miguel in drag.

17. J.P. says:

That”s a very unflattering pic of Ina.. her skin underneath her chin looks like a funnel cloud. Should’ve photo shopped that.

18. Darryn says:

Holy Chicken Neck Batman!

19. Denim Vest says:

I am fairly sure this is just the replica of her ‘barn kitchen’ that was created by House Beautiful in NYC.

20. Jackie says:

If you look out the window, you will notice that it’s not Ina’s actual barn kitchen – it’s the replica of the kitchen that I think House Beautiful created in Rockefeller Center in NYC in 2009 for their Kitchen of the Year. So, no Ina, no Hamptons, and no gay buddies around.

• Cayenne says:

OK, so it is a replica of Ina’s kitchen, but why does the back part with the cardboard figures look more like one of the stores in the “village” where Ina does the scripted shopping trips? Someone at CNBC photoshopped a kitchen show exhibit? No wonder Ina looks out of sorts.

21. Cynic onlooker says:

Notice how there are TWO sets of kitchen knives. Why the hell would anyone need more than one, set or no set? Oh wait, maybe they’re cardboard too…

22. chris says:

ina lookin ROUGH in that pic…Well…i wouldnt say rough but…without the lighting and touchup work you know that they do for her show….just not quite as fresh-faced…

23. TruFoodie says:

It’s obvious to me. They are the cut-outs they use to substitute for the real deal (actual FRIENDS) at her dinner parties!!

24. Deserie says:

Ina is in desperate need of a ‘lifestyle lift’ on her neck… holy cow! With all her gazillions, you would think she’d take some pride in her appearance. It’s obvious how much she just gave up on herself.. kinda sad.

25. Johny Pinga says:

Whats with the severe turkey neck?

26. John says:

The red & white stripes in the window…is her kitchen next door to a KFC?

27. HeatherL says:

The reason for the cutouts is that the kitchen isn’t her actual kitchen….it’s a recreation in Rockefeller Center. The cardboard cutouts are so people know they can meander and take photos.

28. swoopie says:

Maybe it’s me and my increasing discontent watching Ina, but does everything she make have to be THE most PERFECT THING ever? She slices a lemon, ahhh. just perfect, right into the pan, give it a big stir…. etc..you want to know that it’s LEMON IN THE DISH, ETC….. lifts a VERY heavy $400.00 LeCruset Dutch Oven, out of her $4000.00 Wolf Oven, and it’s, ready.. PERFECT… OF COURSE IT IS.

29. Chelsea says:

I just laughed so hard when i saw/read this. Seriously almost pissed my pants laughing!