Guy Fieri »

So The Guy Fieri/Smashmouth Egg Eating Challenge Happened

Remember that ridiculous Guy Fieri/Smashmouth egg eating challenge I posted about last month? Yeah. Well it happened.

FNH reader Michelle’s mother went to the event, and here is her take on what went down:

Today was the Smashmouth Egg Challenge, with eggs cooked by our favorite douchebag Guy Fieri. My mother decided to go, simply because our beloved San Jose Sharks mascot would be there. After coming home, she told me a few highlights. First off, judging by the cheering, more people seemed to be excited for the Sharks mascot walking out than Fieri. Who could blame them?

There were also at least two body guards there for Guy. Because hey, you know how hostile people can get at egg eating contests.

When it came time for the actual egg eating, Steve had a big bowl of eggs that had been scrambled. But when he was eating, Guy decided to start adding mushrooms and onions. Go figure, he tried to act like he is the funniest guy on the planet. Shit hit the fan when he tried to add bacon to the eggs and Steve told him not to. Steve replied by saying this was not the deal; he was here to eat eggs and nothing but eggs.

Also during the contest, people in the crowd had become annoyed with Fieri, with some even questioning if they could throw eggs at him.

My mom’s view of Fieri? “The guy’s an asshole.”

Michelle also included a link to a few videos, and frankly, this looks like the most painfully awkward “event” in the history of man. Picture this. California. 2011. Approximately TWELVE people in the audience. That God-awful Smashmouth “All-Star” song lilting in the background. Fieri uselessly prancing around the stage screaming and desperately trying to be the star of the show. The Smashmouth guy eating the eggs like he was a little girl eating a bowl of spiders. The whole thing was REE-DICULOUS.

At the end of the day, the event raised $15k for charity so it wasn’t all bad.

(Thanks for filling us in Michelle! And thanks to Ashley for the photos from the event.)

---Smashmouth/Guy Fieri Team Up For Ridiculous Egg-Eating Challenge
---Guy Fieri And That Guy From Smashmouth
---Guy Fieri At The Celebrity Beach Bowl
---Food Network Challenge: Sex & The City Cakes
---Video: Guy Fieri Parody

1. d from bham alabama says:

I know the Smashmouth guy at least tried to make this a true charity event wheras Ferry was trying to make it all about Ferry’s stardom.

But the smashmouth guy could have done what some other people who did charity events and matched what was raised so the charity gets twice the amount of money.

Honestly Fieri should have been kicked off the charity event and any future events as well due to his behavior on Dinner Impossible.

2. Ellie says:

The bodyguard thing doesn’t surprise me. He probably thinks he needs them, because he thinks he would get swamped with women who want him. But the bodyguards are really there to keep people from throwing those horrid knives of his back at him.

3. amber says:

I was gonna try and come up with something witty and/or funny to say…. But the harder I tried, the more only one sentence came to mind: What a colossal doucher.

Dear Lord…………

Ferry has finally rendered me speechless.

I need to make some of those stupid magnet ribbons to raise awareness of this tragedy.

And not just the bacon. Tons of jalapenos made the scramble virtually inedible.
    Plus a duck embryo that Guy had to fish out of the cooked eggs? Ewww to the Ewww power.
    Guy made a mockery of the whole thing.
    This is the problem with raising funds BEFORE the event. Should have been more of a “sponsorship” thing … fans pay when the eggs are eaten.
    What a total SNAFU.
    Can only be thankful I wasn’t there.

5. Hakuna Fritatta says:

Well, gots to love the shark.

6. Heather says:

I’m surprised that there was no mention of the friggin DUCK FETUS that was in one of the eggs.

7. Lamb says:

Very uncomfortable to watch.

8. LauraS says:

There’s a “Flavortown” app? Jesus Christ.

9. SF says:

There’s no excuse for Guy Fieri’s behavior, but I think readers should cut the Smash Mouth guy some slack. This challenge started basically with people mocking the Smash Mouth guy, and he accepted their challenge, tongue-in-cheek, to raise money for a cancer charity. Considering his little girl died from cancer and that his band hasn’t had a hit since “All Star”, I can’t blame him for putting himself up for public mockery for a good cause.

• Ferd Berfle says:

I agree, no criticism necessary for that fellow. If Guy la Douche had just kept his mouth shut and stopped acting like such a hopped-up idiot, it probably would have been a fun charitable event and people would have gone home with a warm fuzzy feeling of having helped someone. Instead, thanks to Guy’s interjection of himself in every moment of it, people walked away thinking – like Michelle’s mom – about what a jerk he is.

10. Mike says:

Oh for the love of every thing that is holy that was painful. 2 huge cock-snots on stage and a crowd of morons watching these two DB’s. This is the decline of our world. UGH!

11. Moriah says:

I can understand why the smash mouth guy did the charity. Yes, he’s annoying but just let him be.

I still have absolutely NO idea why Fairy was even involved with the whole thing. Ugh, and I think he was wearing a Red Hot Chili Peppers shirt. It sickens me to think that a loser like Fairy actually listens to them too.

Dude, the event would have been better if it was just the shark running around on stage for an hour. He was badass!

12. bunny69 says:

I guess the FN PR machine is in full force: FN showed an all day DDD marathon yesterday! Talk about ramming this guy down our throats…Uh….never mind! That totally conjures up some pretty horrific imagery!

I tried to be objective for about 5 minutes but when the Ferryman appeared in camera with those stupid ass, cheap looking, dippy bop shades on the back of his head, I just had to change the channel…Watched a Vincent Price movie marathon instead…

13. mike says:

So where are the videos?